Light Novel Review: Culinary Chronicles of the Court Flower Vol. 2


Culinary Chronicles of the Court Flower Vol. 2  Story by Miri Mikawa Art by Kasumi Nagi Translated by afm

The Declaration of Stability, the most vicious ceremony, is coming up. Rimi and Shusei are tasked to prepare food for the four consorts. Check out the Volume 1 review. Disclaimer: a review copy was provided by the publisher. 

In the first volume, we see the possible contenders of Shusei and Hakurei for Rumi. By the second volume, Emperor Shohi has officially entered the picture. Sadly, Hakurei fades into the background and is also being paired with another woman. But I am not losing hope even with the author mentioning it's going to be a love triangle in the afterword. Well, with  Jotetsu unless they get stuck together hiding for days...that's the only imaginary scenario that I can see him falling in love with her. But now thinking about it, she hadn't fed him yet! And with that, I came up with another excuse to continue reading this.  

Every time a new scene starts I look forward to the imagery. It reels me inside their world where all my five senses are taking it all in. The magnificent court, the royal clothes, the rich food...I also love the wordplay and the humor. One of the consorts took the words out of my mouth when she said Rimi has a way with words. I've been enjoying the linguistic jokes through Rimi.  It may be redundant at times though with the endless finding where she belongs but at least Rimi's self-realization of her carefreeness was left in the first volume.

There's still something reminiscent from the first volume but it takes on a different level. It leads you to believe that you know exactly what will happen. Then it will cleverly surprise you with storylines and twists I have not predicted at all. Okay, one I've predicted. The resolutions are simple and obvious but yet something we disregarded. I also disregarded Shusei's field of cuisinology as something boring and was focused more on Rimi's talent but I realized both are essential. The story will also explore the other facets of cooking. 


I'm loving the progress between Rimi and Shusei. I can't breathe with Rimi's last scene with Shusei. But I can't help also be distracted by the emperor too. My heart skipped a beat when we suddenly get to see from the emperor's perspective. I've been imagining this as anime then it dawned on me this could work as drama too. But seriously, I want this to be an anime. Cooking with lil' sweet and spicy situations. This is not a mature reverse harem per se but it catches me off-guard when they nonchalantly talk about something uhmm adult. I'm not explaining this properly at all just like Rimi! You will also enjoy the new platonic relationships she'll form. And as usual, disrespect is still her game, and loving it. We still have yet to see two of the characters that were always mentioned since the first volume. Are you looking forward to more of Rimi's culinary chronicles? I do! Let me know in the comments.

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

Culinary Chronicles of the Court Flower: Volume 1 https://amzn.to/2WXPmB6
Culinary Chronicles of the Court Flower: Volume 2 https://amzn.to/3xun2CJ
Culinary Chronicles of the Court Flower: Volume 3 https://amzn.to/3ywPcyE 

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement