Anime Movie Review: Kimi dake ni Motetainda


Kimi dake ni Motetainda (I want to be well liked only by you/ I wanna be popular just for you) / added under Reverse Harem Anime 2019

Sakiko Horinomiya gathers attractive boys to join Motemen Koshien, a popularity contest for the most handsome team in Japan. But the thing is they all have problematic personalities. Tokio Furuta, chunibyo/delusional. Shigekazu Ashida, childish for his built. Kotaro Tojima, too cute to be taken seriously. Aki Sahashi, no interest to other people. Together with her butler Shun Gotoda, they will help them "how to be cool". 

This is one of the reverse harem anime titles I've been waiting for the longest time and when I finally watched it, I was like is that it? It's rare for me to enjoy a reverse harem movie so I shouldn't have gotten my hopes too high. It felt like watching a 2-episode OVA that is too short to appreciate. But unlike OVA it didn't feel fast-paced at all. Maybe it would be better if it's a series to give you time to appreciate them. I finally connected to them when I tried to rewatch/review the movie. But that shouldn't have been the case, right? It's not entertaining when you consume as it is meant to be but after some thought, I liked the way they handled the reverse harem situation. It's still the same reverse harem as we know it with a whole new spin which is refreshing in hindsight. The main POV is from one of the guys and not from the heroine. And it went away with the let's-feature-each-bishonen-and-make-them-all-equally-shine and the ending is not what we are used to. I can finally sleep knowing this will be tucked away under four flowers (seen from a different angle).  So who's my favorite guy? Maybe it's Tokio because I find his confession sincere, sweet, and not cringy. Okay, Aki too because he's vocal with his feelings from the start but I failed to notice on the first go. For the technical aspect, I liked the character designs and paint-like visuals but their faces look slightly awkward at times. 

This is the second time that my opinion changed when I try to deep-dive into it. The first time was with I Fell Into a Reverse Harem Game on Patreon. But some I didn't like it like no matter what just like in the case of Hot Gimmick live-action (also on Patreon). How did you find the movie? I want to hear it just for you!

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):
Hot Gimmick, Vol. 1 (manga) https://amzn.to/3fTRrVc
Hot Gimmick S (novel) https://amzn.to/3lWSqYM
Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement