Light Novel Review: Mia and The Forbidden Medicine Report Vol. 2


Mia and The Forbidden Medicine Report Vol. 2 by Fumi Yamamoto/ Illustaration by Nitaka/ Translation by Evie Lund 

After having won last year's special award, Mia is more desperate than ever to find a cure for her mother. Her group is doing the best they can to help which consists of Felix, a handsome Law student until he opens his mouth...; Henrik, a naturally gifted but ice-cold Medicine student; and Matthias, the shy mage who can kick ass. But they are at a loss on how to proceed in their first step in making medicine. Disclaimer: a review copy was provided by the publisher.

It started slow and I feel lost when they feel at a loss too but things turned interesting as we see progress. I appreciate the seamless recaps since it's been too long since I first read the first volumeThis is the first light novel I've read which also sparked my reading streak for light novels. (Do Hot Gimmick S count? ) It stands to reason that this has a special place in my heart. My feelings for the novel still hold true that I find it as wholesome middle grade/ young adult fiction but it pulls me back to its Japanese origins with the pretty art inserts. There's also a Harry Potter-ish feel with starting their sophomore year and going through a whole school year slice filled with mages and spells mixed with a trip and medical investigations. At the rate it's going they might find the cure just in time for their graduation or fourth volume perhaps. 

It's beautifully written but overall, I feel like the book was a filler book with lots of foreshadowing. There is an important development but most of the time was spent on setting up devices for future installments.  But I can't deny it is getting me too hyped about the possibilities and I want to see it through till the end. Felix's conflict, in the end, is confusing though but I greatly enjoyed the arc depicted on the cover. This is the volume's highlight and my favorite part in the book. We need more of this! The book is described as steampunk and I was wondering at first but I finally got the vibes in the said part.

As mentioned in the first volume this is marketed as reverse harem but in Levels of Reverse Harem this falls under two flowers (the only girl in the group with 1 or 2 boys interested in the heroine). We see more of Mathias now but not as a love interest. I am not feeling hopeful that Matthias may fall for Mia in the future but who knows. I don't know if it's just my imagination but I'm sensing something else. Meanwhile, the love triangle is strengthened further. I've forgotten the chemistry but it all went back when I see cute moments between Mia and Felix. Henrik making a move is unexpected. But I do enjoy it when  Henrik and Felix bicker and get competitive with their comebacks. And of course, still loving their group dynamics and that  Mathias is elevated as an individual who is an important part of a group and not just as Felix's bodyguard. And I really want them to find a cure, in my head the two viruses are synonymous with the one we're fighting now. Let me know if you want see more of Mia and her group in the comments. 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report https://amzn.to/3gv4QDC
Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report, Vol.2 https://amzn.to/3mupmrH

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement