First Impressions: My Next Life as Villainess Season 2 anime + Please Classmate, The Sweet Blood, Love Alice or Not and Young and Beautiful dramas Eps 1-3

Okay, I find myself not finding anything new to talk about My Next Life as a Villainess and I was thinking that maybe First impression is probably not needed anymore for sequels. But I remembered that I still did one for Lascivious Lady season 2. Plus I have pending First Impressions from four reverse harem dramas. So in true Reverse Harem Garden fashion, we're going to do this in one go again. Coincidentally, all four dramas have third guys who have either not yet appeared or their love-interest status is still dubious. 

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Roads Lead to Doom X Season 2 anime- 12 episodes / added under Summer Reverse Harem 2021

The story continues with the start of their second year. New characters are introduced. From what I've been seeing from the grapevine, there will be more members who will join the already full boat of Katarina's admirers. But it's not yet clear in the first three episodes.

The first episode is basically a recap of all the characters and what happened in season one. But by episode two the gang is back again with its trademark fun that it got me laughing so hard. I am loving all the moves they are all trying to do for Katarina. To the point, they are talking about it in front of her and she's still as dense as ever.  I love the opening and the ending credits. I feel so happy seeing the whole crew. I didn't know how much I miss them until I saw them. The only tiny bit that put me off is blaming it on dark magic without any evidence. Available on iQiyi and WeTV. Also, check out First Impression and Review of Season 1 


Please Classmate cdrama- 24 episodes cdrama based on novel "The Second Group of Three Years in Morinaga High School"/ added under Spring Reverse Harem 2021

The students from the academics and sports do not meet eye to eye and to makes things worse, the separation of the two will be dissolved. We meet the 'class monitor' from the academics Yuan Cai Xi. She's the forever second-best student after Ning Ze Yu. She's also always at odds with the sports ringleader, Li He. As of episode three, the third guy has not appeared yet but he's all over the opening and ending credits so I'm feeling positive of its reverse harem-ness. And I'm guessing he's an idol?

I don't have a favorite among all the four dramas, but this one is the most tolerable to watch. But there's a problematic use of the word retarded though on the first episode.  The first three episodes were spent on nonstop back and forth pranking between the two groups. We also see the main guy starting to like the FMC and the second lead guy having a secret crush on the girl. I like that the second lead is not going on easy with her just because he likes her. I'm really looking forward to the third guy. The main girl is also the lead on Love Crossed drama but I didn't bother to make a first impression since it looks like only one guy is interested in her. Available on WeTV. 


The Sweet Blood- 15 episodes kdrama / based on manhwa/webtoon The Sweet Girl/ Blood Type Love/ added under Spring Reverse Harem 2021

Son Yeon Seo is a 118-year old vampire pretending to be a high school student. She meets the blood of the greatest man...or boy....her classmate Song Meo Ru. It also caught the attention of another vampire, her fiancé Yoon Chi Woo. The third guy (I think?) appeared on the third episode but nothing's really definite yet. The comments do not look favorable for the drama but I'm gonna watch it still for that super hot vampire and besides it's short with 10-minute runtime for each episode. Available on WeTV. The webtoon is also available on INKR under the title, Blood Type Love.


Love Alice or Not 12 episodes tdrama/ added under Winter Reverse Harem 2021

Li Si is 28-years old and has had no boyfriend since birth. She receives a magical magnifying glass where she can see the meter of a guy from douche-ness to perfection. 

My only basis for reverse harem is the blurb: The elusive White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Dodo, and the Dormouse – all shape up to be possible candidates...but which, if any, of them will win this modern-day Alice’s heart? The four candidates are much more evident compared to the other dramas. But the third guy is still questionable and the fourth one is her female roommate who I'm rooting for BTW. Aside from the four, Li Si has also dated/met other three guys which all turned out to be a bust. 

But having an Alice in Wonderland theme will not save it. I can't stand the acting, the story, and the direction. The heroine acts like a baby and it feels like you're watching a cross between a school project and a b-movie. Sorry, not sorry. I do love the fashion and as I've mentioned her roomie/White Rabbit. I felt bad I won't be seeing more of her. Available on Viki.


Young and Beautiful  42 episodes cdrama / added under Spring Reverse Harem 2021 

Liu Wen Jeng is a country girl who moved to the city. She meets the professor and his group of friends. The opening credit shows how she's going to be successful and stylish someday. The prologue also showed of who she will end up with. It's a very romantic scene that got me thinking I want that scene to happen to me IRL. But the pacing of the story is so slow and as of third episode, she has just started dating a different guy. The third guy who was also shown in the credit hints she'll date him in the far future. But I don't want to stay around to watch this as it's so wrought out filled with weird situations and storytelling. And it's going to be forty-two episodes long! I also can't stand her uncle and aunt! They are like being wishy-washy if they are good or evil. Dropping! Available on WeTV.

+++++++++++++++

So we got girls from My Next Life as a Villainess (I only found out about bisexual harem just recently, I’ll discuss it more on the review proper) and Love Alice or Not and a gender-fluid vampire in The Sweet Blood. Okay, this blog is still about reverse harem but I don't mind shaking 'em up and I don't make the rules here. And as they say, all fair's in love and war. 

What are your thoughts about the shows? Should I give the others a chance? Share it in the comments below. 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):
My Next Life as a Villainess Side Story: On the Verge of Doom! (Manga) Vol.1 https://amzn.to/3zTTq3g
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Manga) Vol. 1 https://amzn.to/2UVVYiV
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Vol. 1 (Light Novel)  https://amzn.to/3BWKSe0

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement