Webcomic Review: The Remarried Empress 77 episodes (ongoing)


The Remarried Empress - Written by Alphatart and Art by Sumpul /based on webnovel  

Sovieshu asks for a divorce from his empress, Navier, while his concubine looks on smugly. Navier accepts and in return she asks for approval to remarry. Cue in Heinrey who wants to marry Navier.

webnovel art

I have two methods of consuming media. The first is for review mode where I recap and analyze each chapter or episode. The other one is where I just read or watch mindlessly without having to worry about reviewing it. Since I enjoyed Men of Harem I tried another one of her webnovel turned webtoon, The Remarried Empress. The prologue looks like a love triangle so I read this wantonly and fell into the webtoon scroll of doom. Take note this is now currently at 77 episodes. And halfway through...oh crap...why is this somehow turning into a reverse harem! Normally, I would be happy. I was supposed to reread it to properly review it but I just can't. It's entertaining but if I knew the story was going to be with an irritating mistress it will be a hard pass for me.

The emperor listed all the guys interested in her. He noticed her taste for foreign men but he's just imagining things since it's the other way around. It's not a full-blown reverse harem. But the other men are just secondary to the story and their interests in her are not fully set in stone. The full weight is still resting on the love triangle. This is part of the Stages of Reverse Harem series.  

And maybe an unpopular opinion. Even though it was the emperor who decided to get a mistress and everybody is hating him I can't help but feel that there's still something more to Soviehsu and Navier. They must have forgotten their for love one another. Sovieshu is looking for the old Navier on Rashta. In the flashbacks, we see her as easygoing. I think in the end she won't get divorced? I dunno. Heinrey is such a sweet guy for Navier but I just don't fully buy it yet. If they do end up divorcing, this will be third divorcee with reverse harem after 38-sai Batsuichi Dokushin...(The Diary of the 38-year-old Divorcee who has tried a Dating App)  and Omameda Towako and Her Three Ex-Husbands

It's hard to keep up with the all scheming and political machinations happening. It's giving me a headache but it's so addicting and I'm so invested with my girl, Navier that I will still continue to read it. She is such is a class act. She's poised, smart, and impregnable. I look for the time when she let go of her empress persona and freely follow her feelings. And of course, all here for Rashta's end. 

And hold your horses, there's going to be a drama adaptation. It's going to be one beautiful, stressful drama. Sigh!

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement