Webcomic Review: Men of the Harem 17 episodes (ongoing)

 

Men of the Harem - Adapted by Herelee and Art by Yeongbin/based on webnovel by Alphatart

The prologue starts with Latrasil as newly- crowned emperor. But instead of choosing a consort, she decided to create a harem of concubines just like what the previous male rulers have done in the past. Will her harem help her get revenge on her old lover and secure her throne? Based on webnovel. This is currently being published on Webtoon. For uniformity, I will refer to all scrolling online comics or manga or manhwa as webcomics but I may slip and use it interchangeably with webtoons. 

The reverse harem is seven but officially it's five who signed the papers and all as concubines. There's Klein, the prince of Karisen; Ranamun, eldest son of Duke Atraxil; Guest Rhodes, second son of chancellor of Tharium; Tasir, heir to the richest trading company; and Carlein, King of Mercenaries. 

There are dark themes but for the most part, it's fun with no lull moments. Maybe it’s too premature to say this when it's only at episode 17 but it's on its way to being included in whatever top 10 category I place it under. I haven't felt this strongly since In A Class of Her Own which I forcibly included on my top 10 drama BTW.  And I'm saying this when the concubines have just entered the harem as of the latest chapter. 

I love, love, love Klein. I just laughed so hard. You know it's good when I really laugh out loud. I don't like Ranamun yet but I can change my mind. Tasir is dashing when we've only seen him for two episodes only. And we have yet to meet Carlein and Guest but did I mention I love them already? I'm afraid-excited to see how these characters are going to handle each other once they all live inside the harem.

Latrasil has a devilish charm that makes her loveable. She's vengeful. The one who creates her own harem and beheads someone for breakfast. But she's not petty. She weighs it all in and makes the hard decisions. I like how sexy she looks and at the same time intimidating in her military outfit.  The political machinations were handled well and I don't like it when it goes overly complicated. I felt this with Saiunkoku Monogatari, In a Class of Her Own and Remarried Empress. This is actually from the same creator of Remarried Empress (which is also part of Stage of Reverse Harem). But then again maybe it's too early to tell.  



I was not too keen on the art of webcomics before because I can't help but compare it with webnovel's  dreamy paintlike art. But after reading it the visuals are superb. It's partly because Latrasil is half-sneering in the webcomic's key visuals. Seriously, I need the live-action based on promotional video they released before. But it may be too soon to expect one as Seo Ye Jin is recently been part of a controversy.   

I don't know if how sexy it will gonna be but if it does get sexier you all know where to read the review in the future. Waiting is torture. But I found the perfect antidote. Read a lot of webcomics! There's a new webcomics category now in the link list from the menu (The three bars on the upper right side). 

Western fictions books have been way ahead with the #whychoose and now Korean webnovels are now fast catching up with concubines trope like with Men of Harem and I Fell Into A Reverse Harem Game. We were used to heroines being concubines in harems and I never imagined that Korean webnovels will go out with the reversal of roles. And soon reverse harem will take over the world! I'm in euphoria right now. 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1 (manga) https://amzn.to/3x0H8oB
Story of Saiunkoku 1 (anime) https://amzn.to/2SX9dyp

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement