First Impression: The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent anime Eps 1-3

 

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Eps 1-3  

Sei got home late from working and when she steps inside her home, she goes to another world. They welcomed the other girl that was also summoned as saint and then ignored her. With too much time on her hands now, she began taking interest in herbs and potions, but her creations seem to be more potent than usual... 

Seriously I don't know how to make the blurb sounds reverse harem-y because so far only one of them has shown interest. Oh coincidentally, she meets a lot of bishonen...lol! The promotion is pushing reverse harem anime vibe but story-wise I just don't see it as of Volume 2 in the light novels. But I'm hoping they are into something here. At most, it can end up as one flower (see Levels of Reverse Harem) if only one is romantically interested in her which is fine. I'll take it as a bonus if two or all of them end up falling in love with her. We need to see more character development from Jude though because if not they might as well add Erhart in the anime visual. I'm just saying. More bishonen, the better. 

This is the first time that I am watching an anime adaptation of a light novel material that I've already read. (Read the light novel reviews here) I'm totally enjoying the anime and it's a different experience to watch them. The animation of crucial moments down to mundane things and even establishing shots and transitions looked so fascinating, especially with scoring. In the last review, I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, I mentioned I'm starting to understand now the dynamics of light novel to manga and/or anime adaptations). The anime compresses the story by highlighting the important parts. But there are some details that are lost like POVs from the protagonist and other characters.


Since I already knew the story I was afraid I wasn't going to enjoy but it's like watching it with fresh eyes and loving every second of it. It evokes new feelings for me like rooting now for Sei and Albert. And the little things that make the characters cute or fun like Albert running away after giving something to Sei. Or Erhart's expression when they all reacted to his smile. 

The anime is faithful to the light novel. Just tiny differences that do not affect the story. She's angrier at the start of the novel but she's more levelheaded in the anime. I saw a comment that the pacing of first episode could have been better but it's actually more fastpaced compared to the book. They also made her character more aware of her powers which I approve of. One missing piece that seems important is her magical stats, but it can easily be incorporated later on in the story. 

Now I'm curious as to why Kyle chose the other girl as the saint and not her. I'm looking for a believable excuse. The story is hinged on his choice. Had he acknowledged them both as saint, Sei's life would have fared differently. 

It looks like the first volume will end on episode 4. The anime may cover up to three volumes within the 12 episodes. And I'm looking forward to it particularly because I want to know what happened past the second volume. Did you enjoy the anime? What are your thoughts about it? 

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Vol.1 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3dJ6yQT
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Vol.3 (Light Novel)  https://amzn.to/2Pens06
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Vol.1 (Manga) https://amzn.to/32GAsyM
The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Vol.4 (Manga) https://amzn.to/32FfPCX
I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Vol.1 https://amzn.to/3sDZysA

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement