First Impression: Kdrama Was it Love eps 1-4 Hooked from first episode


No Ae Jung is a single mom and a film producer. She finds herself waist-deep in debt and her only way to pay it back is to produce a movie. And on top of that, these four men will make her life more complicated. 

Okay, I said I was hooked from episode 1 but it was exactly in the last part of the first episode. This drama makes use of cliffhangers effectively. It's just so incredulous though that she will meet again the guys from her past all at the same time. Actually, not all of them. It reminds me of kinda reverse harem drama, Reply 1994, where it keeps going to the present as the drama is set in 1994 and teases you of who she got married to in the present. (One of the guys in WIL is also in Reply 1994) In Was it Love, we get flashbacks from 14 years ago of who might be the father of her daughter. The past is keeping me on my toes of what really happened. It was not obvious at first but as it goes on I think we know who the father and the main guy is.  Well, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. I usually lose interest when the cat's out of the bag so I really hope we don't get to that point. I don't get too critical with coincidences in kdrama but Was it Love is the mother of all coincidences so I am really banking on that. And since we're punny, special mention to the movie title she's pitching, Husbands Over Flowers. 



I was not too keen when I found Was it Love is airing right on the heels of Oh My Baby. Thirty-something heroines at different stages of motherhood. The first one wants to be a mom while the other one is a single mom.  I am not against it or anything I am actually the same age as the actress, Song Ji-Hyo. I guess, its too much reality for me. I could relate to the adult problems in Oh My Baby and now this. I had my first son when I was 18 and got married by 19. But the drama has this outlandish storyline and so okay I'm gonna indulge with this. 

No favorite guy yet but two of the characters stood out for me. The drama has hyped the stereotypes but I appreciate it when they reveal there is still more to unravel from their characters. No Ae Jung is pretty but I don't know if I like her acting or not from the start but it grew on me. The mother actress is everywhere in kdramaland. Her daughter is irritating, sorry. And what's the deal with the judgey parents just because she's single mom Grrrr!  

Was It Love heroine also have something in common with another summer reverse harem, Mr. Queen's Love Choice anime. You probably guessed it. They are both producers. Are you planning to give it a try or have you seen this already? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks to Mimz for the recommendation. Okay bye now gotta catch up on episode 5. It's taken me sheeeeer power to not to watch it last night. 



Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through Kofi  or please whitelist!   

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned:

Reply 1994 Director's Cut (Original Television Series Soundtrack) https://amzn.to/32Qggvx
Mr Love Queen's Choice - Victor Classic Mug 11,15 Oz. https://amzn.to/2E4wdns
Mr Love Queen's Choice - Kiro Classic Mug 11,15 Oz. https://amzn.to/39mDQRP
Mr Love Queen's Choice - Lucien Classic Mug 11,15 Oz. https://amzn.to/32LTWTO
Mr Love Queen's Choice - Gavin Classic Mug 11,15 Oz.https://amzn.to/2CF14qs

(I may earn a small commission if anyone will purchase through this)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement