Light Novel Review: The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted As A Bride Vol. 2

The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted As A Bride Vol. 2  Kanata Satsuki (Author), Yoru Ichige (Illustrator), Emily Hemphill (Translator)

Lyse goes to the Razanate Kingdom as Sidis' fiancée. However, the imperial court wants Lyse to marry other royalty because of her light. Disclaimer: a review copy was provided by the publisher. Check out the review of the first volume.  

The two other guys are officially, strictly platonic but a new guy is introduced that's going to be the new source of Sidis' jealousy. I enjoyed the first volume more but I might have not enjoyed the second one as I should have because I was in a reverse harem mindset which is unfair. I keep on dreading it's going to end up as not becoming one. This is the dilemma of reviewing in volumes. Some volumes may not feel as reverse harem as we would have wanted it to be. And it's not marketed as a reverse harem, to begin with. It's all on me.

But I still enjoyed the natural feel and unpredictability of the fantasy elements. Her new power is unique but at the same time it also freaks me out. And as the story progresses, it reminds me more of Fruit Basket because of the...okay not giving it away but you can guess it right away. Another thing that I loved is the great timing of the humor. It's harder to deliver humor in written form sans the visuals but the author executes it perfectly. The emperor is my favorite character not as a love interest but because he's such a riot. 

My only problem in the plot or maybe with the way Razanate people think is that I don't get it that in order to keep the engagement foolproof she needs to be also strong like Sidis. But since they both have light it's a different story now, they want to partner them off with people with weaker mana. This part baffles me. The second scenario makes more sense compared to the first one.  

In terms of the lavish sweet scenes, I would appreciate it even more in manga or anime format. The art inserts are pretty but I want full-on panels of the couple as Sidis is a great proponent of public display of affection. There are fewer handsy situations here compared to the last one. And speaking of manga version it does have one. (See below)  

As I'm feeling sad with the turn of events that is veering off from my two favorite words, the volume three blurb is waving at me with this line: Little does she know that one of the young noblemen in attendance, Seren, actually has his eye on her! That isn’t the only case of puppy love, however...Stop toying with me! Well, well... the reverse harem element has now taken into the form now of a new "guest" guy on every volume for Sidas to be jealous of. But with all the new upcoming reverse harem titles to be released, I might temporarily stop reviewing the second and third volumes of ongoing series. If you still want me to continue with this let me know in the comments.  

 Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases):

The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted as a Bride Vol. 1 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3Av1p6N
The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted as a Bride Vol. 2 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3oIAJxp
The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted as a Bride Vol. 3 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3akZiI6
The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted as a Bride Vol. 1 (Manga)  https://amzn.to/3oM5Nwm
Also from Kanata Satsuki :
I Refuse to Be Your Enemy! Volume 1 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3iHvLxa
I Refuse to Be Your Enemy! Vol 1- 6 (Light Novel) https://amzn.to/3Ft4CaN 

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

If you enjoyed this post please consider buying KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement