Anime Review: Mr. Love Queen's Choice ~ idc I want a season 2 just for the boys



Mr. Love Queen's Choice (Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE)- 12 episodes

The heroine is a producer of the show, Miracle Finder, which features all things strange. She meets four different men who in one way or another are connected to the show...and her. They will also lead her to the existence of evolvers, humans with powers.

My First Impression for the series from episodes 1-3 is good but things started to get boring right after. But every time I get bored, I'll be disarmed by the guys' looks or by their personalities again. They are such a feast to the eyes! But if I really need to pick just one, my favorite is Gavin/Haku. (The first name is the English version while the second is the Japanese version. Correct me if I'm wrong) Haku looks so refreshingly cool and badass with his earring. Next are Kiro/Kira and Lucien/Simon just because they're hotter in their 'other' personalities. But if not for that, Kiro would have been last since his scenarios are not at par with the others. The animation really brought out their character visuals. There are also memorable background scenes like in front of the merry go round with Lucien and inside the elevator with Kira.

The overall story is predictable but still bearable to watch. I doubt I would feel the same way though if it was a marathon. This is the first time that I feel strongly about a reverse harem anime even though I didn't enjoy the story. Who knew it would be possible to enjoy purely for their visuals alone. But in a hindsight, we do need to credit the storyline too in achieving its goal, after all, to make the boys shine. I have not played the game but it certainly made me protective of it. 

The finale sets up for a second season which is surprising. My expectation is for the usual 12-episode series but now I'm greedy for a sequel I never knew I wanted. Take note, there's no announcement yet. I just want a sequel purely for the boys. I like the heroine too although she may not be as standout if compared to other popular reverse harem heroines, I like that she's got a mind of her own. 


Mr. Love Queen's Choice got me rethinking of the levels of reverse haremIs it still a reverse harem is there is no confession of love? They all seem to deeply care for her but with no clear realization of romantic love from any of the guys. Is it a prerequisite? I don't think anyone will doubt the reverse harem-ness of MQLC. And the anime can get away with it since it's based on a romance mobile game after all. This is the same case too for Stand My Heroes, Yume 100, Scared Rider Xech, and more. But with Phantom in Twilight, I was quite stingy and labeled it as kinda reverse harem even though there's romance. The fact that it's not based on otome game or manga to strengthen its status played a factor too. Now, I'm feeling bad for tagging it under Related Review. Must update. It did get a game tie-in later on but I'm not sure if it's otome game. 

How did you find the anime? Who's your favorite? Let me know in the comments. You can also download the artist's coloring book and smartphone wallpapers of the first picture above.  

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: (I may earn a small commission if anyone will buy through this)
Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] https://amzn.to/3nwFFSK

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through KofiShares and whitelisting the site are also appreciated. :)



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement