First Impression: Mr Love: Queen's Choice episode 1-3 I have unreasonable love already


The heroine is a producer of the show, Miracle Finder, which features all things strange. She meets four different men who in one way or another is connected to the show...and her. They will also lead her to the existence of evolvers, humans with powers.

Finally a straight-up, honest to goodness four flower reverse harem anime. (see Levels of Reverse  Harem) Even though the official site synopsis already mentioned the heroine, I was not having it until we see her visual. She finally showed up in the promotional video a couple of months before the premiere. Then we hear her voice in the final PV. And come premiere, she didn't have a name! But I did like how they script the dialogues or use clever devices to ensure she never gets to introduce herself or mention her name. They also announced her seiyuu only after the first episode aired. Hisako Kanemoto who also voiced B-Project's heroine, Tsubasa Sumisora. Unnamed female protagonists are common in otome games but for anime adaptations, this is the third time from what I can remember after Amnesia and Yume 100. All the telltale signs point that she's a supporting character like in usual mobage adaptation but it looks like it's not the same case. 1) There's going to be a romance guysss and 2) She's going to have a personality. Mind you the latter only hit me in episode 3. Ha! (UPDATE 2 8/5/20 I just realized it can still end up without anyone confessing to her. I'm so way over my head.) 



Now that we have established she's a necessary character to make the guys shine. Let's move on to the main course: the foursome. I was not really excited at first given with the disappointment of some mobage anime but I saw an article that it is big in China. I find myself having unrealistic expectations again. I was not hooked right away though but I started to grin stupidly when she met the last guy in episode 2. For someone who is not a fan of insta-love I see the chemistry right away or I might have fallen in love at first sight. I'm warming up now too with the seemingly cold guy especially when they banter. It's not funny but I find it cute. I can't tell them apart at first from the teasers and all, well except for Kira. But now that we seem them in action, they are all indeed hot!

Storywise, I don't see anything yet that makes it stand out from other reverse harem anime but the dynamics between the heroine and the four guys is something to look forward to. For the longest time, we are getting adaptations with numerous bishonen. It's hard to compress all the routes of 6+ characters in one linear story especially if it's just 12 episodes. And correct me if I'm wrong the game gives me the impression that there is no main guy and they are on equal footing. The opening visuals highlight that it can be anybody's game. The character design and the themes are giving me Phantom in the Twilight meets Stand My Heroes vibe but better.

My only problem is that the heroine experienced out of this world events... not just one but two in a day. The normal reaction would have been shocked and barely functioning at all but she's just business as usual. She might be used to this due to the nature of the show but still...By the way, three of the guys showed their powers already. The third guy's power is not that clear to me yet. The heroine's future is not that hard to guess but let's see.

Second producer show for the year and the same season too with kdrama, Was it Love. Same bishonen trope too. Investor. Check. Popular Celebrity. Check. Consultant. Check. Someone she knew from the past. Check. They also have conditions for investment. But that my friends are the only similarities. 

It's not there yet but I'm hoping it does become great. The guys and the romantic possibilities are making me have an unreasonable love for the series already. And it's not really important but I find myself looking forward to how they will call her at critical times. Yeah, they can use nicknames but I hope they get more creative. How are you finding the anime? Who's your favorite character in the game? Hit me up in the comments and no spoilers, please. And I have already mentioned this on Hello August post but if in case you missed it I'm also back on Ko-fi! Buy me a coffee please~ (灬♥ω♥灬)

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through Kofi  or please whitelist!   

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned:
Amnesia Collection [DVD] https://amzn.to/2DDszRb
Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth - The Complete Series Blu-ray + Digital (PRE-ORDER HERE) https://amzn.to/2Pp4vEn 
(I may earn a small commission if anyone will purchase through this)


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement