Light Novel Review: Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report


Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report by Fumi Yamamoto Art by Nitaka

Mia enters the academy to pursue Pharmacology which is considered the least important group after the prestigious Law, Magic and Medicine. She has set a goal in mind and would need to form an unlikely alliance in order to reach it. Cue in charming Felix, intelligent Henrik and brawny Mathias.



There are two viruses: Angel's tears and Demon's claw. I could facepalm myself. What was I expecting from the title? I won this book from Cross Infinite World's giveaway on Twitter and that's before Covid19 took over the world. I read this while we are on community quarantine in my country. Not a full-blown reverse harem but marketed as reverse harem. Only two guys shown interest. This will be under 'two flowers'.See Levels of Reverse Harem

I didn't want to set my expectations too high. Or more like I didn't know what to expect. It's been a long time since I last read a light novel. I think the only light novel I've read is Hot Gimmick S. I was expecting an anime or manga vibe because of the art and author but surprisingly it has a western fiction young adult feel on it. I was not used to the style of writing at the start. I find it weird that it was from a third-person point of view but I got used to it. It was easy to read. I was able to finish it in a couple of days. Mia is likable with her drive and dedication and for not being dense with a certain guy's charm. It's hard to connect with Felix but I'm gravitating towards Henrik. I didn't realize right away how her group represents each department/field. One of the antagonists is the quintessential bully but props for humanizing her without going overboard. 

I enjoyed the story behind the conflict but I find it hard to believe that no adult experts ever researched it. Maybe it is because of the lengths the bad guys have made to cover it up and nip it from the bud. But there should be at least revolutionaries or hidden rebellion. The connection is too simple. Or I have read way too many young adult dystopia. There are loose ends to warrant a sequel and who knows if the third guy might fall for her too. I appreciate the illustrations especially at critical times which reminds me this is closer to anime or manga. I keep forgetting when I go on reading mode. Mathias looks different in my head.  



The novel has an interesting combination of sci-fi, medical, and fantasy.  I preferred the medical elements. It's a welcome change from my usual repertoire. 
But this one hits home because of what we are experiencing now. Fear. Panic. The search for a cure. There was also a scene where they try to protect the immunocompromised people. On any other given day, I wouldn't probably understand the gravity of the situation and how important this is more than ever. But don't get me wrong, it does dabble with timely events in our current situation, but it's not heavy or scary as it sounds. Perfect for some cozy reading to pass the time 

I recommend this to young readers. It is entertaining but...hear me out first. I think I have different hats that I wear when I read or watch reverse harem anime and manga or for non-reverse harem too. This way I can enjoy it whether it's targeted for young and old but with the exception of books. For reading nowadays I personally prefer something more mature I could get engrossed on for weeks. But I see the anime potential for Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report.

Let me know your thoughts if you have already read this too. And what are your favorite reverse harem light novels? Aside from My Next Life as a Villainess. :)

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through Paypal , Reverse Harem Garden shirts on Amazon  or please whitelist!   

Purchase titles/ related to the titles mentioned: 
Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report https://amzn.to/2Wtcofa

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement