First Impression: Oh My Baby kdrama ~ Eps 1-4 ~ An Early Favorite for 2020 reverse harem dramas



Oh My Baby- 16 episodes

Jang Ha-ri is single, workaholic...and her biological clock to have a baby is ticking. She may have potential baby daddies: someone she hated, someone she grew up with and someone too young for her.   


I normally will not touch this kind of dramas but if it's reverse harem you betcha I am going to finish it even though I didn't really enjoy it overall. We had pregnancy/motherhood reverse harem dramas before: kdrama Three Dads and a Mom and tdrama Happy 300 Days. BTW I decided to do three episodes for First Impression (but this will be up to Episode 4 due to the twice a week airing format of kdramas.) That way I can still blog about it if I will continue or drop it and for me to really give it a chance. I have a habit of not watching the past first episode if it's too bland. I didn't love or hate the first episode. But I am glad I stuck with it because I'm officially liking it in the second episode.


Happy 300 Days


Jang Ha-ri's character is well-written. She stands up for her beliefs at work. I didn't even notice it until episode 2.  I like how she handles herself in difficult questions and situations. She's not over the top or irritating. 

The other characters are well-written too. They are slowly introducing their backstories and developing into something bigger. From her mom to the other two father candidates. The third guy needs more airtime...or not. The father candidates usually present themselves but this is the other way around. Lol. No favorite guy yet but the female main character has won me over.

The drama employs a lot of slapstick which gives it a raw and relatable human connection in contrast with the very polished high-budget dramas as of late say Crash Landing on You and King: Eternal Monarch. A few of the comic scenes just cracked me up. 


I am turning the same age as the character this year (and the actress too!). I can totally relate to her but except for her baby woes because I've been pretty busy with four sons. I can also relate to ageism in work. The third guy keeps calling her aunt which is equivalent to me of being called "Mommy + my name" by younger co-workers in my previous work. I would prefer them to call me with the honorifics of an older sister. You. Are. Not. My. Children. End of rant.  

I'm hesitant to blog about this. Am I alienating younger reverse harem fans which I noticed are the majority? But I know some fans grew up with Tamahome and Miaka. Please indulge us once in a while. (Or twice since we also have upcoming, Did We Love.) But still a great watch of what to expect in adulthood and I applaud this for women empowerment themes. There are no antagonists as of the fourth episode. It's more of internal conflict and harsh judgment of traditional society.  And on the same note, I cringe at people especially women calling out other women that you need to have children to be a complete woman. That is their choice if they wish to have a baby or not. And to get married or not too. End of second rant. 

I'm taking my chances and calling this as an early favorite for 2020 reverse harem dramas. I hope it maintains it's momentum as a lot can still happen. I foresee her getting pregnant and raising a kid just like its drama predecessors, but not sure how they are going to transition to that. Looking forward to catching up on the next episodes now. Are you planning to give it a try or have you seen this already? Let me know your thoughts. 

Love Reverse Harem Garden? Follow on: Youtube  |  Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram 

You can support through Paypal  or please whitelist!   



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement